|Tuesday, August 5th, 2008|
|Health Benefits of the Ultra-Geek Lifestyle
1. Likelihood of skin cancer is zero. Period. (Cancer from the microwave; now that's
a different story...)
2. Likelihood of contracting HIV or another STI is virtually nil. The internet: like a condom, only digital.
3. Significantly reduced impact-related damage to the joints. (With the notable exception of carpal tunnel and/or "gameclawitis"...)
4. Significantly reduced exposure to contagious disease. An ounce of reclusion is worth a pound of cures.
- Dr. Nick
|Monday, July 21st, 2008|
|My predictions for "Dark Knight":
1. "Why so serious?" will become the
clever-dick catchphrase of 2008, supplanting "More cowbell!" as the most omnipresent pop-culture reference in America.
2. This year's Halloween will see more Jokers than all the other Halloweens following a Batman release combined; as well as a fair share of Two-Faces. And yes, unfortunately, it will entail acts of assault and vandalism inspired by the characters...
3. Social networking sites will suddenly develop a rash of Joker user-icons.
4. Heather Ledger will posthumously win the Oscar for Best Supporting.
5. People will ask: "What ever happened to 'Hellboy 2'?" Meanwhile, the executives responsible for scheduling its release concurrently will have committed corporate seppuku.
|Thursday, November 29th, 2007|
I only just "discovered" that TV-Links.co.uk got shut down this weekend. Has anybody else noticed this?
|Friday, September 14th, 2007|
|Monday, May 14th, 2007|
|Friday, April 6th, 2007|
|Thursday, February 1st, 2007|
|Food chain bondage
Sheep in wolf's clothing
To prey on what they are
Depravity it seems to be
(A Cannibal's no predator)
|Thursday, January 4th, 2007|
|Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007|
|Here's the Straight Story:
David Lynch is having a reading and book-signing on the 20th at 2pm, at the Barnes & Nobles in Eastridge Mall in San Jose.
Who wants to go with me? Current Mood: film dorky
|Wednesday, December 13th, 2006|
|Tuesday, October 31st, 2006|
Don't you hate it when you get a great, quasi-original idea at the eleventh hour, only to realize there is no time to implement it?
|Thursday, July 6th, 2006|
|Wednesday, July 5th, 2006|
|Spam email poetry... ?
Ah its a sad thing that one of my smaller pleasures at work is ready the random garbage emails my work account receives. This is one of the more cryptic:( Poetry?Collapse )
|Friday, June 30th, 2006|
|Wednesday, June 28th, 2006|
|Nathaniel and Mark, I'm banking on you guys... ;)
Can anybody recommend good introductory sources on cadence and counterpoint? I want to revisit music composition over the course of my work "hiatus" and would like to take the opportunity try and expand my (very basic) understanding of music theory... Current Mood: bored of boredom
|Friday, June 9th, 2006|
|Tuesday, May 16th, 2006|
|I thought about this in German class...
Why is it that people are doubtful of perfect beauty, but not of imperfect ugliness?
Moreover, why do we commonly draw a parallel between the polarity of perfection and imperfection to beauty and ugliness?
What does it mean that the extreme for one (ugliness and imperfection) does not elicit the same distrust as it does for the other (beauty and perfection)?
Why did beauty betray our loyalties? Or rather, why did we ever give perfection our trust in the first place? Current Mood: emotionally drained
|Wednesday, April 12th, 2006|
Funny that I spend all my time on a computer, but never in contact with anyone I really know. That is, not a customer.
Aside from cleaning up the apartment some more, spending most of my time with Jo, and going to Deutsch Vorlesungen
, not a whole lot has been going on. Well, I did finally get my bumper repaired for $900 (not too shabby).
Except for the time some strange, possibly lost, Italian tried con or kidnap me. I still don't know for certain.( Here's the deal:Collapse )
Yesterday, I went to Target Masters with Mia and Jo. We shot a Glock 17 and a snubnose .357 (like the hardboiled detectives have). The latter was like detonating dynamite in your hands. My wrist hurt by the end of my ammo.
Need to write more. Later. Current Mood: hungry as a mofo
|Wednesday, March 8th, 2006|
|Thursday, February 23rd, 2006|
The ISP of my troll has complied with my request for action against their abuse and has blocked traffic to my site from their port 80.
In the words of Dan...
0WN3D!!! Current Mood: JAWOHL